With just four simple ingredients and a one-bowl recipe, these cookies offer a perfect blend of simplicity and flavour. What's more, they are not only easy to make but also cater to various dietary preferences - gluten-free, no butter, and no flour.
Recipe makes 6 Cookies
Nutrition facts per cookie 🔥 132 Calories 🧀 5.5g Protein 🍞 7g Carbs 🥑 10g Fats
· 120 g ground almonds
· 60 g zero calories Slimfoods maple syrup
· 2 egg whites
· 15 g icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds, no-calorie syrup, and egg whites. Stir well until a thick and sticky dough forms.
3. Take about a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball using your hands. Place the ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process until you have six evenly sized balls.
4. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges are lightly golden. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-baking.
5. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Once the cookies are completely cooled, sift or sprinkle a thin layer of icing sugar over the top of each cookie, or roll them into icing sugar. This will give them a snowy appearance.
7. Your snowball cookies are now ready to be enjoyed! These delightful treats are not only gluten-free but also low in calories.
Note: Feel free to customize these cookies by adding a touch of vanilla extract, almond extract, or a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavour. Store the cookies in an airtight container for freshness. They make a perfect gluten-free and guilt-free treat for any occasion!